Friday, April 16, 2010

University of Phoenix's Teaching It Forward Scholarship

What an amazing experience! This week I had the incredible opportunity to offer a graduating senior a full-tuition scholarship to college. When I found out from the University of Phoenix that all of the state Teachers of the Year were going to have the opportunity to nominate one student for a full-tuition scholarship, I was very emotional because I understood that this was going to completely change someone's life.

The Teaching It Forward scholarship is one of several programs established by the University of Phoenix to increase access to education for promising students.
The program enables nationally recognized Teachers of the Year from each state, U.S. protectorate and the Department of Defense schools to nominate a deserving high school senior for a full-tuition scholarship toward an undergraduate degree at University of Phoenix.

I selected senior Kayla Coburn for this full-tuition scholarship. I was so excited that Kayla applied because she clearly has a desire to continue her education and this scholarship is going to allow her to do this.

Read an article online about Kayla receiving this scholarship.

I will definitely be following Kayla's college career as I know she will fully utilize this incredible opportunity. Congratulations Kayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment